Why use TestingBot
- Download Windows, Linux ISOs and install the VMs
- Set up their network configuration, install Java and Selenium.
- Download and install the browsers you require
- Install Selenium, make it automatically start on boot
- Configure the grid to accept the nodes together with timeout settings and other settings.
- Create a mechanism to automatically start and destroy VMs for each test, since you want pristine VMs for every single test run.
- Install a screenshot program depending on the OS and platform, maybe even install a screen recorder.
- Upload the screenshots so you can take a look at them
- Keep your VMs up to date: install Windows updates, update your browser versions, install patches, ...
- Debug flaky connections to the VMs, issues with browsers failing to start, ...
The list above demonstrates the basics that are required to run Selenium tests on different browsers.
You can trust on TestingBot to take care of all these tasks, so you can focus on writing tests and developing instead of maintaining a cluster of virtual machines.