A Primer on Testing with TestingBot
Choosing a cloud based test provider
A cloud testing platform is a cost-effective replacement for any custom-built test infrastructure. There are some elements you need to take into account before deciding if you want to use a cloud platform and which one you want to use:
- Reliability: is the platform reliable in terms of uptime and stability?
- Framework support: does the cloud platform integrate with the framework you are using?
- Security: testing your website or mobile app might involve private data. Does the platform handle this sensitive data correctly?
- Coverage: Does the platform provide the configurations you want to test?
- Support: will you receive adequate support during your testing from the platform?
TestingBot as a cloud provider
TestingBot has been providing access to remote browsers and devices since 2011. We have a lot of experience in maintaining and improving Selenium and Appium test reliability.
Our cloud platform is optimized for testing on both browsers and devices:
- Reliability: Fast VMs are available for browser testing and mobile devices for physical device testing
- Framework support: TestingBot provides documentation for a wide range of frameworks and programming languages
- Security: all tests run on single-use virtual machines, no leftover data from previous sessions. GDPR compliant.
- Coverage: Access to a variety of mobile devices, both Android and iOS devices
- Support: TestingBot provides support through chat, e-mail, and phone. Enterprise plans come with SLAs.